Turnaround Arts: California seeks artists and/or community arts organizations to create collaborative, public art projects (e.g. murals and other installations) with elementary and middle schools across the state in the 2021-22 school year.
Participating schools are located in the following communities:
- Hoopa Valley (Humboldt County)
- Seaside (Monterey County)
- May include: Watts, Compton, Cudahy, Lynwood, Paramount (Los Angeles County)
- Santa Ana (Orange County)
Artists and/or Community Arts Partners will be selected on the basis of their qualifications, as demonstrated by:
- Quality of their past projects and proposal documents
- Experience working effectively in collaboration with young people, education-based organizations or schools.
- Connection, and commitment to, centering and uplifting Black and Brown communities through artistic engagement
Turnaround Arts: California is committed to investing in the communities our schools are located. Organizations and artists that identify as BIPOC and/or come from the same communities as the schools are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please see this document for the submission process, timeline and compensation and other details. Submissions due Friday, November 15.